Boon Farms is a family owned dairy in central Wisconsin that was established in 1975 by Duane Boon. While still in highschool, Duane started his farm with the purchase of 14 heifer calves. In the 1980′s, the Boon farm became Boon Farms with the purchase of two small farmsteads that had retired.
Today, Boon Farms has grown to over 1000 acres, 300 milking cows and 7 employees. The farm produces over 8 million pounds of raw milk annually. Together we carry out the various daily tasks of the dairy, whether milking, feeding, breeding, building, fixing or hauling. Our top priorities are ensuring excellent animal health and comfort, as well as being great stewards of the land.
• Our Animals. The health and well-being of our animals is our top priority. This means providing them with nutritious feed, regular veterinary checkups and comfortable, safe housing. We know that if we take care of them, they will take care of us.
• Safe, High-Quality Milk. We do everything possible to ensure the safety and quality of the milk supply. This starts with healthy cows and proper milking procedures, and ends with testing every tank of milk before it leaves the our farm to ensure a fresh, pure and wholesome product, free of antibiotics.
• Our Employees and Family. We take tremendous pride in the hard work and dedication it takes to uphold the standards and vision of our farm.
• The Environment. We have the utmost respect for the environment we all share. We are dedicated to protecting the land , air, and water, and employ many modern technologies to preserve our natural resources for future generations to enjoy.
• The Law. We promise to adhere to the permits, licenses and regulations that are required of our business. We take our role in food production very seriously and are committed to following local, state, and federal laws in all areas of our farm.
• Using the Expertise of Others. We continue to rely on veterinarian and dairy cattle nutritionists to provide counsel regarding medical care, balanced diets and best practices for disease prevention for our herd, and on soil and water experts to educate and train us on environmental stewardship.
• Healthy Products. We are proud to produce a product that is NATURALLY packed with calcium and eight other vitamins and minerals essential to your family’s health and well-being.
• Our Industry. We are an American dairy producer. Our great country was built on agriculture, and we look forward to continuing the tradition of providing food that is safe, healthy and affordable for all consumers.
• Our Community. We consider ourselves privileged to be part of this community. We strive to add to the success of our neighbors by supporting local businesses and organizations, maintaining the integrity of rural landscapes and boosting the economy with jobs and commerce.